- 1 2# piece of Mahi Mahi, left as a whole piece
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lemons, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 package green olives with herbs or any other olive you prefer
- 12 cherry tomatoes, left whole
- 2 shallots, sliced thinly
- ¾ stick of butter
- 1 tin of anchovies
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub the olive oil on both sides of the fish and place in a heavy bottom baking dish. Sprinkle the fish with the rosemary and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the lemons, olives, cherry tomatoes, and shallots to the baking dish surrounding the fish. There should be no space left in the bottom of the dish.
- At the same time as the fish bakes, melt the butter in a small sauce pan with the anchovies. The anchovies will melt into the butter. Once the butter has melted, whisk in the lemon juice. Set aside and keep warm.
- When the fish has baked for about 15 minutes, remove the dish from the oven and drizzle the anchovy butter all over the fish and broil for the last 3-5 minutes, leaving the dish on the bottom rack of the oven. Remove from the oven and serve.
I love a dish that has clean flavors and really brings out the taste of the fish. This dish does that. The texture of the fish really lends itself to soak up all the lemon in there. Nice to have a light dish in the middle of a snowy winter.