6-7 chix lobsters, par cooked for 4 minutes, meat removed
1/2 pound of 26-30 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup scallions, chopped fine
handful of fresh basil, chopped fine
1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1/2 a small red onion, sliced
1 t. fresh thyme, chopped
1 T. tomato paste
salt and pepper
1 avocado, sliced
- Take 1/3 of the lobster meat with the shrimp and pulse in a food processor until you get the consistency of ground beef. Place in a bowl. Chop the remaining lobster and add to the minced lobster and shrimp. Add the cream, scallions, and basil. Mix until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Using an ice cream scoop, place balls of the lobster mixture on parchment paper, pressing down to make patties. Place in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat the cherry tomatoes with the olive oil on a baking sheet pan, season with salt and pepper and roast at 350 for about 20 minutes until the skin starts to burst.
- Sauté the red onion with the thyme until browned slightly. Place the onion with the tomatoes and the tomato paste in a food processor and pulse until broken-up, season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to a medium heat and cover with an oiled piece of aluminum foil. Place the lobster sliders on top of the foil carefully and grill for about 4 minutes. Flip and cook for another 3 minutes or until done. It should feel firm, but not tough. Because the patties don’t have breadcrumbs in them they will be more fragile, so take care when handling them.
- Serve the patties on top of a buttered and grilled bun with relish and avocado. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice on top to add a touch of freshness.
* A great alternative to a beef burger on the grill. Don’t be put off by taking the lobster meat out of its shell early, it’s really easy and yields a moist burger. I think I could have eaten about 3 of these, but alas, I had to share.