- 2 pounds swordfish, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 T. olive oil
- 3 red onion, sliced into rings
- 2 shallots, sliced into rings
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat grill. Oil fish with 1 ½ T. of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté onion, shallot, rosemary in the remaining oil over low heat until they caramelize. This will take some time. Resist the urge to turn up the heat, the longer it takes the more sweetness comes out of the onions. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the fish on both sides. Cooking time will depend on how thick the fish is.
- Serve grilled fish with red onion jam.
It’s so great to be outside in the sun and grilling again. The woodiness of the rosemary and smokiness of the grilled fish go great together. My husband and I ate these steaks on our front porch trying to finish our plates before our children devoured them. We all loved it. After we were done they were still running in the house shouting, “more please.”