- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large shallot
- 3 oz. Pancetta, diced
- 2 cups fish stock
- 1 14 oz canned whole tomatoes, mashed
- 4 fillets of flounder, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 ½ pounds countnecks, cleaned
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- Sauté the shallot and pancetta in the olive oil over medium low heat until shallots are translucent and the pancetta is crisp.
- Add fish stock and the tomatoes. Simmer and reduce by ¼ . Add the countnecks and the flounder. Cook until the clams open and the flounder flakes.
- Throw the basil in gently so that you don’t break up the fish.
I served this with a garlic croutons. I sliced some sourdough bread, toasted it in the oven, and rubbed garlic on it right out of the oven. The garlic just melted into the bread.