2 lbs Arctic Char, left whole
2 medium shallots, sliced
handful of tarragon
1 ½ cups white wine
2 cups heavy cream
2 T. butter
1 bulb fennel, chopped, fronds reserved
2 cups strawberries, sliced
Lemon olive oil
salt and pepper
- Coat the Arctic Char in olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Place skin side down on a sheet pan. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, place shallots, tarragon, and white wine and bring to a simmer, reduce to ½ cup. In another saucepan, reduce the heavy cream to 1 cup over medium low heat.
- When both liquids have been reduced, whisk the wine into the cream off the heat, strain and whisk in butter, reserve, keeping it warm.
- In a bowl, add the fennel, strawberries, and lemon olive oil together and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bake the fish for about 5 minutes on bottom rack; turn the broiler on moving the fish to the top rack in the oven. Broil for about 2 minutes. This should give you a nice medium, rare middle.
- Divide fish into 4 equal parts, serve with the sauce and salad, garnish with the fennel fronds.